My first post from email. Tested.
Saturday, August 07, 2010
Tuesday, July 07, 2009
After Reading THIS, you'll NEVER look at a banana in the same way again!
Bananas: Containing three natural sugars - sucrose, fructose and glucose combined with fiber, a banana gives an instant, sustained and substantial boost of energy. Research has proven that just two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout. No wonder the banana is the number one fruit with the world's leading athletes.
But energy isn't the only way a banana can help us keep fit. It can also help overcome or prevent a substantial number of illnesses and conditions, making it a must to add to our daily diet.
Depression: According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND amongst people suffering from depression, many felt much better after eating a banana.
This is because bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.
PMS: the pills -- eat a banana. The vitamin B6 it contains regulates blood glucose levels, which can affect your mood.
Anemia: High in iron, bananas can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anemia.
Blood Pressure: This unique tropical fruit is extremely high in potassium yet low in salt, making it the perfect way to beat blood pressure. So much so, the US Food and Drug Administration has just allowed the banana industry to make official claims for the fruit's ability to reduce the risk of blood pressure and stroke.
Brain Power: 200 students at a Twickenham (Middlesex) school were helped through their exams this year by eating bananas at breakfast, break, and lunch in a bid to boost their brain power. Research has shown that the potassium-packed fruit can assist learning by making pupils more alert.
Constipation: High in fiber, including bananas in the diet can help restore normal bowel action, helping to overcome the problem without resorting to laxatives.
Hangovers: One of the quickest ways of curing a hangover is to make a banana milkshake, sweetened with honey. The banana calms the stomach and, with the help of the honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk soothes and re-hydrates your system.
Heartburn: Bananas have a natural antacid effect in the body, so if you suffer from heartburn, try eating a banana for soothing relief.
Morning Sickness: Snacking on bananas between meals helps to keep blood sugar levels up and avoid morning sickness..
Mosquito bites: Before reaching for the insect bite cream, try rubbing the affected area with the inside of a banana skin. Many people find it amazingly successful at reducing swelling and irritation..
Nerves: Bananas are high in B vitamins that help calm the nervous system
Overweight and at work: Studies at the Institute of Psychology in Austria found pressure at work leads to gorging on comfort food like chocolate and crisps. Looking at 5,000 hospital patients, researchers found the most obese were more likely to be in high-pressure jobs. The report concluded that, to avoid panic-induced food cravings, we need to control our blood sugar levels by snacking on high carbohydrate foods every two hours to keep levels steady.
Ulcers: The banana is used as the dietary food against intestinal disorders because of its soft texture and smoothness. It is the only raw fruit that can be eaten without distress in over-chronicler cases. It also neutralizes over-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach.
Temperature control: Many other cultures see bananas as a "cooling" fruit that can lower both the physical and emotional temperature of expectant mothers. In Thailand , for example, pregnant women eat bananas to ensure their baby is born with a cool temperature Seasonal
Affective Disorder (SAD): Bananas can help SAD sufferers because they contain the natural mood enhancer tryptophan.
Smoking: Bananas can also help people trying to give up smoking. The B6, B12 they contain, as well as the potassium and magnesium found in them, help the body recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.
Stress: Potassium is a vital mineral, which helps normalize the heartbeat, sends oxygen to the brain and regulates your body's water balance. When we are stressed, our metabolic rate rises, thereby reducing our potassium levels. These can be rebalanced with the help of a high-potassium banana snack..
Strokes: According to research in "The New Eng land Journal of Medicine, "eating bananas as part of a regular diet can cut the risk of death by strokes by as much as 40%!
So, a banana really is a natural remedy for many ills. When you compare it to an apple, it has four times the protein, twice the carbohydrates, three times the phosphorus, five times the vitamin A and iron, and twice the other vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in potassium and is one of the best value foods around. So maybe its time to change that well-known phrase so that we say, "A banana a day keeps the doctor away!"
Thursday, November 13, 2008
2. The DENTIST: because he says, "Open wide."
3. The HAIRDRESSER: because he says, "Do you want it teased or blown?"
4. The MILKMAN: because he says, "Do you want it in the front or the back?"
5. The INTERIOR DECORATOR: because he says, "Once it's in, you'll love it!"
6. The STOCK BROKER: because he says, "It will rise right up, fluctuate for a while, and then
slowly fall back again."
7. The BANKER: Because he says, "If you take it out too soon, you'll lose interest."
8. The HUNTER: because he goes deep into the bush, shoots twice, and always eats what he
Last but not least:
The TELEPHONE GUY: because he says, " Would you like it on the table or up against the wall?"
Friday, November 07, 2008
(1) Today I passed by a building which has an ATM machine. There was an old man looking at me. Suddenly, he called me. He said he didn't know how to read, so he gave me his ATM card and asked me to help him withdraw money from the ATM machine. I answerd 'NO!! If you need help, ask the security to help you.' Then he said 'never mind... ' and continued to find other people to help him...
REMEMBER : ATM machines have CCTVs. If you help him he will later claim that you have robbed him or stolen his ATM card. Besides, his
ATM card could be a stolen one. So please be careful of these tactics.
(2) Suddenly your house lights go off. From your window you find that your neighbours still have lights. So you go out of your house to check
the Meter Box. But once you open the door, a knife will be pointing at you and preventing you from closing it. This is when you will be robbed and injured.
REMEMBER : Even though your electricity suddenly goes off, DO NOT open your door immediately. Look around to see if there is anything unusual or if there is any noise around.
(3) This is another incident. You may have heard it before, it is about a lady who she saw a kid crying by the roadside. When she spoke to the kid, the kid told her he was lost and wanted her to take him home. The kid even gave her a paper with his house address.So she took him home. But when she rang the door bell, she had an electric shock. Later when she woke up, she was naked in an empty room.
REMEMBER : Being such a compassionate and helpful person might not be a good thing these days. Pass this on and girls, please be careful.. DON'T BE TOO KIND!!
(4) One day, there was an old lady outside my house holding 2 packets of sweets. At first I thought she was our neighbour and wanted to give us these packs of sweets as a gift. But then when she spoke, I can realised that she was foreigner. I could not understand what she was talking about. I guessed she must be asking for money. I sensed there was something wrong and immediately closed the door and ignored her. Later, I found she and an accomplice robbed someone else down the road.
(5) I was at the ATM machine to withdraw some money. Behind me, there was an old lady. She asked me whether I was able to withdraw my money because she said she had problem with her machine. Suddenly a small girl came up beside me. The small girl was squeezing in front of me. I though she was just naughty and playful. But then, the small girl put her hand at the tray of the ATM machine where the money comes out, ready to take away my money. I sensed something wrong and immediately pushed her away. Later I realised that the small girl and the old lady worked together. She was trying to steal my money while the old lady was trying to distract my attention by asking me questions!
REMEMBER: BE VERY CAREFUL when you are at an ATM machine and be alert. Look out for anyone suspicious around you!
(6) My parents are retired and stay at home most days. One afternoon, a young stranger went to their house and said his motorcycle had no more petrol and the petrol station was too far for him to push his bike there. So he asked my parents for an empty coke bottle to buy some petrol.. He said he will pay RM2 for the bottle. So my mum took one coke bottle for him. He really took out the money from his pocket, but it was a RM 100 note. He told my mum he had no small change and asked my mum to give him the change. Luckily my mum was smart. She just told him to take it for free.
REMEMBER : obviously that note is fake!! Who would want to pay for RM2 for an empty coke bottle!! It's very OBVIOUS that that stranger i a trickster.
(7) This happened in Bali .. A newly married couple were having their honeymoon at the hotel. When both are in the changing room, the wife suddenly went missing. The husband was very anxious and went around to find her. He asked the hotel staff to help him find her. Then he thought his wife was just playing hide and seek. So he went back and waited for his wife. After a few hours, he decided to call the police. 3 weeks passed and there was still no news about his missing wife. So he went back and was very dissapointed and sad. A few years later, he came back to Bali, to watch a 'FREAK SHOW' in an old house. He saw a dirty and rusty metal cage. Inside there was a lady without limbs. Her body including the face was full of scars. When he had a closer look at her face, he was shocked to find that it was her missing wife put there as a means for begging.
(8) This happened in Shanghai. A few years ago, a lady reported to the police that her cousin sister was missing in the shopping complex. But after 5 years, one of her friends found her cousin sister beggin at the road side one of the streets in Bangkok, Thailand . The worst thing is that her cousin sister has no more limbs and her body was tied to a lamp post with a shackle (metal chain).
(9) Let's just shorten this story. DO NOT open your house door when you hear the sound of a BABY CRYING!! It might be a trap! Women in the house must be alert to this trick. The police said it is the work of a robber or murderer using the recording of a baby crying to attract you attention. This normally happens at night and when you are alone in the house.
(10) I read an email that was sent by my friend. Her friend, known as A, went to Luo Hu Commercial City with 2 friends, B and C. Luo Hu Commercial City is the Shenzhen counterfeit goods distribution center. There are many people there. It's also near to the ShenZhen train station and Hong Kong's Luo Hu Port. C went to the toilet at the shopping centre while A and B waited outside. After waiting for a long, time they felt uneasy and went into the toilet to look for her. When they went in, there was nobody inside. Both were scared and they called C's phone. There was no reply.. So they reported to the police. The police asked them whether they had seen anyboby suspicious going into the toilet. Both said there were none and its impossible to bring a life person out of the toilet without them noticing!. Then A remembered seeing a cleaner pushing a trolley in, and then coming out. The police told them that was not the 1st time such a thing happened. The police suspected a gang of criminals who were always attacking women in the the toilet of shopping complexes. They use cleaners to kidnap people to harvest their organs for sale.
REMEMBER : please be careful when using the toilet. Do not go to the wash room or toilet ALONE!! Please at least have a partner with you.
Thursday, October 09, 2008
Reason's why it's great to be a woman
1. Free drinks.
2. Free dinners.
3. Free movies.
4. New lipstick gives you a whole new lease on life.
5. You can sleep your way to the top.
6. You can sue the President for sexual harassment.
7. It's possible to live your whole life without ever taking a group shower.
8. Brad Pitt.
9. No one passes out when you take off your shoes.
10. Excitement is only as far away as the nearest beauty-supply store.
11. If you forget to shave, no one has to know.
12. If you're dumb, some people will find it cute.
13. You have the ability to dress yourself.
14. If you marry someone twenty years younger, you're aware that you look like an idiot.
15. You'll never have to punch a hole through anything with your fist.
16. You can quickly end any fight by crying.
17. Your friends won't think you're weird if you ask whether there's spinach in your teeth.
18. There are times when chocolate really Can solve all your problems.
19. You've never had a goatee.
20. You'll never regret piercing your ears.
21. You can fully assess a person just by looking at their shoes.
22. You know which glass was yours by the lipstick mark.